Thank you to our sponsors and guests for another great Bubble Bash. Happy New Year!
Bubble Bash 2017
Walk on the Wild Side
Members: $20 per person
Non-members: $25 per person
Sunday, December 31
9 a.m. – Noon
Ring in the New Year with a WILD family adventure! Don a pith hat and make a vest to decorate with stickers as you travel through each station, weave a beautiful collaborative canopy, contribute to the firefly fluorescent sky, build a fort, construct a raft to float down the stream, move to the beat of African drums, let out a roar to the countdown to Noon confetti celebration, and more. No passports are needed for this exotic expedition!
There will be a quiet countdown and quiet jungle room for our more sensitive visitors to enjoy.
Bubble Bash is THE place for families to be on New Year’s Eve. This annual year-end celebration is an important fundraiser for the Museum and, now in its 16th year, has become a holiday tradition for families to celebrate together.
- Make a Vest – Trace and cut out your own vest to go on Safari, use different items to make the vest your very own.
- Animal Pose Yoga – Reach toward the ceiling like a giraffe, bend on the floor like a snake, stand like a flamingo, and more.
- Collaborative Canopy Weaving – Create a canopy above you by weaving yarn, vines, and more in the colors of the jungle.
- Firefly Fluorescent Sky – Then create your own firefly and add it to our fluorescent sky that glows under the blacklight.
- Make a Drum – Be inspired by Andrew Moore’s performance and create a drum of your own to bang into the new year.
- Safari Dash Cam – Board our Safari Car cut out and watch a real life safari trip before your eyes.
- Animal Match Up – Use our giant magnet boards to match up animal themed objects.
- Tangram Animal Inspiration – Create an animal on our tangram boards.
- Spider Web Weaving – Join us on the Big Lawn Bridge to create our own big spider web by weaving in and out of the spokes of the bridge.
- I spy Viewing Tubes – Look up and down and all around for our hidden animals. Create a viewing tube to help you spot them!
- Build a Raft – Use, foam, string, and more to create a raft to sail down our stream table.
- Photo Booth – Take home a keepsake photo with our specially designed Walk on the Wild Side New Year’s backdrop.
- Fort Building
- Create an Edible Diorama
- Quicksand Play – Mix materials to make your own quicksand, try out different types of sand.
- A professional, fun, and experienced DJ will keep your family movin’ and groovin’ by playing family-friendly radio hits.
- African Drums Musical Performance by Andrew Moore
- Quiet Jungle – Need a quiet place to regroup? Stop by our quiet jungle!
- Countdown to Noon Confetti Celebration†
†The countdown will be loud and confetti cannons will be used. There will be a quiet countdown on the Lower Level for more sensitive visitors.
Free parking is available for DCM members & visitors
If our lot is full. View parking alternatives.
2017 Bubble Bash Sponsors
Photos from Bubble Bash 2016: Under the Sea
Please be aware that official Museum photographers will be present at this event. By attending, you are giving your consent for DuPage Children’s Museum to use photographs at its discretion without limit in any and all media, for any purpose. If you have any questions, please ask at Visitor Services.