Bubble Bash 2017
Walk on the Wild Side
Members: $20 per person
Non-members: $25 per person
Sunday, December 31
9 a.m. – Noon
Ring in the New Year with a WILD family adventure! Don a pith hat and make a vest to decorate with stickers as you travel through each station, weave a beautiful collaborative canopy, contribute to the firefly fluorescent sky, build a fort, construct a raft to float down the stream, move to the beat of African drums, let out a roar to the countdown to Noon confetti celebration, and more. No passports are needed for this exotic expedition!
There will be a quiet countdown and quiet jungle room for our more sensitive visitors to enjoy.
Bubble Bash is THE place for families to be on New Year’s Eve. This annual year-end celebration is an important fundraiser for the Museum and, now in its 16th year, has become a holiday tradition for families to celebrate together.
- Make a Vest – Trace and cut out your own vest to go on Safari, use different items to make the vest your very own.
- Animal Pose Yoga – Reach toward the ceiling like a giraffe, bend on the floor like a snake, stand like a flamingo, and more.
- Collaborative Canopy Weaving – Create a canopy above you by weaving yarn, vines, and more in the colors of the jungle.
- Firefly Fluorescent Sky – Then create your own firefly and add it to our fluorescent sky that glows under the blacklight.
- Make a Drum – Be inspired by Andrew Moore’s performance and create a drum of your own to bang into the new year.
- Safari Dash Cam – Board our Safari Car cut out and watch a real life safari trip before your eyes.
- Animal Match Up – Use our giant magnet boards to match up animal themed objects.
- Tangram Animal Inspiration – Create an animal on our tangram boards.
- Spider Web Weaving – Join us on the Big Lawn Bridge to create our own big spider web by weaving in and out of the spokes of the bridge.
- I spy Viewing Tubes – Look up and down and all around for our hidden animals. Create a viewing tube to help you spot them!
- Build a Raft – Use, foam, string, and more to create a raft to sail down our stream table.
- Photo Booth – Take home a keepsake photo with our specially designed Walk on the Wild Side New Year’s backdrop.
- Fort Building
- Create an Edible Diorama
- Quicksand Play – Mix materials to make your own quicksand, try out different types of sand.
- A professional, fun, and experienced DJ will keep your family movin’ and groovin’ by playing family-friendly radio hits.
- African Drums Musical Performance by Andrew Moore
- Quiet Jungle – Need a quiet place to regroup? Stop by our quiet jungle!
- Countdown to Noon Confetti Celebration†
†The countdown will be loud and confetti cannons will be used. There will be a quiet countdown on the Lower Level for more sensitive visitors.
*Early Bird Discount will be applied automatically at the time of check out.