Third Thursday is a day each month to incorporate special resources and programming for our visitors with accessibility or medical issues. After school and early evening are often a quieter time at the Museum for family or therapeutic visits. All families are welcome at the Museum on Third Thursdays.
- Trained Comfort Dog through Lutheran Church Charities K-9 Comfort Dog Ministry
- DCM Studio Sensory Art Projects- throughout the day on Third Thursday, our Art Specialist will be creating art experiences specifically to assist with sensory issues
- After school programming with specialists to assist with specific IEP and at-home goals and objectives that all involve PLAYING!
- Sensory Story & Playtime: 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Upcoming Third Thursdays: March 15, April 19, & May 17
Activities on Thursday, April 19
- Sensory Story & Playtime at 4:30 p.m. with Ms. Cat
- Sensory Art In The Studio from 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Splash Zone! Kids are going to get wet in AWEsome Water. It’s a good idea to come prepared with a change of clothes.
Noise levels in Art is Instrumental have the potential to be quite high. Ear plugs or head phones are recommended for anyone distracted by loud noises or with auditory sensory issues.