Position Title: Guest Experience Facilitator
Status: Part-time Not Benefits Eligible, Non-exempt
Job Classification: Play & Learning
Hourly Wage Rage: $14.00 – $16.00 per hour
Position Purpose: Guest Experience Facilitators (GEF) are the heart and soul of DuPage Children’s Museum (DCM). They are the first interaction guests have at DCM, starting guests’ visit off with a welcoming and helpful smile. They are the main point of contact for guests throughout their experience at DCM, be it answering a simple question to helping children build an awesome tower of building blocks.
The vision of DuPage Children’s Museum (DCM) is that all children reach their full unique learning potential through hands-on play and S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) based experiences. Guest Experience Facilitators (GEF) actualize our vision by providing the very best experience for our guests by modeling best practices in engagement and interaction that supports learning and development through play. GEFs enhance guest experiences by providing excellent guest service and helping maintain positive learning environments.
DCM’s Guest Experience Facilitators:
- Engage and play with children and their adults/families in DCM exhibits and programs; initiate interactions with children and their adults/families.
- Deliver knowledgeable and friendly service including greeting guests, scanning tickets and/or membership cards, performing sales transactions, promoting memberships and programs, facilitating parties/rentals, and providing information about Explorer Store merchandise.
- Provide excellent guest service by responding to and resolving guest questions and concerns, calling upon a supervisor as needed.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Museum’s philosophy and Learning Framework by utilizing open-ended facilitation strategies and supporting the adult/child learning partnership.
- Maintain a positive learning environment and ensure the smooth operation and safety of public areas and exhibit spaces by monitoring guests and implementing effective cleaning measures.
- Assist guests as needed and provide guidance in the event of an emergency.
- Cultivate a strong, positive team atmosphere by actively listening, supporting, and celebrating new and existing team members.
- Recognize, appreciate, and mentor volunteers by working cooperatively and modeling best practices.
- Actively engage in meetings and trainings and implement new strategies to develop job-related skills and competencies.
- Stay up to date on Museum exhibits, events, programs, promotions, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain a fun and professional appearance and demeanor; adhering to the provided dress code.
- Reports to Guest Experience Assistant Manager.
- Assist and collaborate with Museum specialists and other departments as needed.
- Maintain excellent relationships with community partners, schools, and other organization personnel.
Education and Experience:
- Experience and/or interest in working with young children and families required.
- Guest-facing museum, retail, or related experience, a plus.
- Experience and proficiency with Google Suite and MS Office.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent guest service and interpersonal skills to relate and communicate to all levels of the DCM community.
- Comfort initiating conversations with all guests in a friendly and engaging manner.
- Accuracy, basic math skills, and attention to detail; ability to use a computer and cash register.
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate with guidance from supervisors; exhibit problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills.
- Fluency in Spanish, and/or other languages aside from English, a plus.
- Comprehend and speak English extensively and clearly with the public; hear children’s voices.
- Physical requirements include stooping, kneeling, bending, standing, squatting/crouching, crawling, pushing/pulling, reaching above the shoulders, ability to respond rapidly, climbing up and down stairs or using an elevator daily, working outdoors or exposed to sunlight/heat, and lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Tolerate noise and dust in the environment and handle disinfectant and cleaning materials.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Work schedule includes days, evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
HOW TO APPLY:
Download an Application
Please include a cover letter and your resume.
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DuPage Children’s Museum
301 N. Washington St.
Naperville, IL 60540
Attn: Human Resources