Position Title: Sales & Bookings Lead
Status: Full time, Non-exempt
Job Classification: Marketing and Sales
Hourly Wage Rage: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
Job Description: The vision of DuPage Children’s Museum (DCM) is that all children reach their full unique learning potential through hands-on play and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) based experiences. The Sales & Bookings Team Lead (SB Lead) helps advance DCM towards that vision by leading a team of motivated friendly team members to help guests connect to and participate in all of the museum’s many experiences. This role helps connect guests to DCM through the sales and reservations of parties, programs, field trips, and memberships while maintaining a friendly and welcoming attitude.
- Maintain a clear understanding of current and upcoming museum programs, activities, and offerings.
- Answer and respond to incoming calls regarding school programs, museum operations, programs and memberships.
- Make and coordinate fulfillment of reservations for school programs, Museum rentals, parties and Museum programs;
- enter reservation data into Altru system;
- when applicable, place orders for food through vendor(s);
- ensure necessary follow up paperwork is completed and coordinate payment and/or deposits with customers.
- Communicate and coordinate with Guest Experience, catering, and housekeeping to ensure successful execution of sales program.
- Maintain the ALTRU database for room reservations and rentals (party rooms, labs, meeting rooms).
- Provide exceptional guest service and support for all earned revenue experiences from initial inquiry to booking and throughout the process, including following up.
- Sale and processing of memberships
- Process and mail gift memberships; process payments both digital and physical.
- Data entry of membership information
- Process daily and monthly membership efforts (applications, direct mail, gift memberships, monthly renewals, etc.)
- Maintain accurate data management in ALTRU
- Manage associated emails and voicemails.
- Coordinate onsite rentals and parties with the Guest Experience team.
- Collecting and accounting of in-house and mailed-in donations; process into Altru.
- Reconciliation of Guest Experience cash bags.
- Ordering of basic office supplies
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Understanding and practice of best guest focused practices
- Communication & Collaboration
- Ability to effectively communicate with coworkers, guests and vendors by phone, email, and in person.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment while maintaining progress on individual projects and tasks
- Organization & Time Management
- Keep track of multiple inquiries, reservations, and requests across multiple databases.
- Maintain focus on multiple tasks/projects while being frequently interrupted.
- Make independent decisions to remain flexible and accommodate multiple reservations.
- Understanding and practice of good cash handling.
- Basic understanding of Google Suite, Microsoft Word and Excel is required, understanding and experience with ALTRU or related products is a plus.
Experience and Education
- 3-5 years of experience in guest or customer facing roles in a guest focused environment is strongly preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Download an Application
Please include a cover letter and your resume.
Submit to: email@example.com
DuPage Children’s Museum
301 N. Washington St.
Naperville, IL 60540
Attn: Human Resources