Position Title: Play and Learning Facilitator – Virtual
Status: Part-time, Non-exempt
Job Classification: Play and Learning
Job Summary: The vision of the DuPage Children’s Museum is that all children reach their full unique learning potential through hands-on play and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) based experiences. Play and Learning Facilitators-Virtual (PLF) serve a critical role in advancing towards the vision by modeling best practices in engagement and interaction with DCM guests through programs delivered remotely. PLFs are responsible for the facilitation of virtual programs supporting learning and development through play and experiences based in art, science, math, and engineering.
DCM’s Play and Learning Facilitators – Virtual:
- Lead the facilitation of the Museum’s Virtual learning experiences in the areas of math, science, art, and engineering
- Follow best practices in engagement and facilitation through inquiry, improvisation, and other open-ended facilitation strategies
- Actively create positive learning environments by encouraging students, providing clear expectations and instructions, using positive reinforcement, and celebrating successes
- Communicate with virtual program participants and organizations to troubleshoot technical connectivity issues if needed
- Assist in the continuing improvement of existing programs and the development of new programs
- Attend meetings and trainings so as to deepen understanding of content and advance improvements and changes to programs
- Attend periodic DCM staff meetings and training sessions
- Assist in the training of new Facilitators
- Encourage and leverage talent of volunteers support of programs
- Supervised by the Chief of Play and Learning subject to reassignment to Managers within Play and Learning Department
- Collaboration across all museum departments and stakeholders
- Maintain excellent relationships with DCM, schools, school groups, and community groups personnel
Education and Experience:
- At least 2 years of experience facilitating engagement of guests in content of a museum or other cultural institution, leading lessons or programs for school-age children, or delivering STEAM activities or programs is required.
- A B.A. or B.S or actively pursuing a degree or professional certificate in a STEAM related field and/or in instructional/engagement practices or at least 5 years of professional experience in relevant fields including education, improvisation, or theater is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Comfortable using video conferencing software (i.e. Zoom, Google Meet) to deliver presentations
- Ability to work in a team environment and work effectively with the public
- Must be able to handle a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Must have computer skills involving, but not limited to, the Microsoft Office and Google Suite products
- Provide your own computer with camera and microphone for video calls
- Have reliable, high speed internet for video calls
- Must be able to deliver virtual programs without interruptions or distractions
- Be able to visually keep track of visitors, materials, and exhibit functioning
- Be able to hear children’s voices
- Be able to assist visitors and other staff in an emergency situation
HOW TO APPLY:
Download an Application
Please include a cover letter and your resume.
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DuPage Children’s Museum
301 N. Washington St.
Naperville, IL 60540
Attn: Human Resources