Position Title: Membership & Guest Relations Associate
Status: Part Time: Part-time, Non-Exempt, not benefits eligible
Job Classification: Marketing
Pay Range: $12 – $16 per hour
Job Description: The vision of DuPage Children’s Museum (DCM) is that all children reach their full unique learning potential through hands-on play and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) based experiences. The Membership & Guest Relations Associate is responsible for understanding all DCM resources and responding to inquiries from members and the public as well as supporting the retention and recruiting efforts of DCM while also supporting sales and bookings of key museum earned revenue programs. This role helps connect guests to DCM through the sales and reservations of parties, programs, field trips, and memberships while maintaining a friendly and welcoming attitude.
- Maintain a clear understanding of current and upcoming museum programs, activities, and offerings.
- Answer and respond to incoming calls and emails regarding school programs, museum operations, programs, and memberships.
- Make and coordinate fulfillment of reservations for school programs, Museum rentals, parties, and Museum programs;
- enter reservation data into membership and guest database system;
- when applicable, place orders for food through vendor(s);
- ensure necessary follow up paperwork is completed and coordinate payment and/or deposits with customers.
- Communicate and coordinate with Guest Experience, catering, and housekeeping to ensure successful execution of sales programs.
- Maintain the membership and guest database for room reservations and rentals (party rooms, labs, meeting rooms).
- Provide exceptional guest service and support for all earned revenue experiences from initial inquiry to booking and throughout the process, including following up.
- Sale and processing of memberships
- Process and mail gift memberships; process payments both digital and physical.
- Data entry of membership information
- Process daily and monthly membership efforts (applications, direct mail, gift memberships, monthly renewals, etc.)
- Maintain accurate data management in membership and guest database
- Manage associated emails and voicemails.ls and voicemails.
- Coordinate onsite rentals and parties with the Guest Experience team.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Understanding and practice of best guest focused practices
- Communication & Collaboration
- Ability to effectively communicate with coworkers, guests, and vendors by phone, email, and in person.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment while maintaining progress on individual projects and tasks
- Organization & Time Management
- Keep track of multiple inquiries, reservations, and requests across multiple databases.
- Maintain focus on multiple tasks/projects while being frequently interrupted.
- Make independent decisions to remain flexible and accommodate multiple reservations.
- Basic understanding of Google Suite, Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred. Understanding and experience with membership and guest databases preferred; knowledge and understanding of ALTRU is a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish Preferred.
Experience and Education:
- Experience in guest or customer facing roles in a guest focused environment is strongly preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Download an Application
Please include a cover letter and your resume.
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DuPage Children’s Museum
301 N. Washington St.
Naperville, IL 60540
Attn: Human Resources