Position Title: Housekeeping Supervisor
Status: Full-time, benefits eligible, non-exempt
Job Classification: Supervisor
Job Summary: The Housekeeping Supervisor requires a highly organized, collaborative, hands-on person to supervise and perform housekeeping duties in a child-centered environment. This position requires excellent communication skills.
- Ensures the cleanliness, sanitation, and disinfection standards of public and private spaces in the Museum.
- Assigns housekeeping tasks to staff and inspecting work to ensure that the prescribed standards of cleanliness are met.
- Schedules staff shifts and organizing replacements as required.
- Investigates and addresses complaints regarding poor housekeeping service.
- Trains to the housekeeping staff.
- Takes inventory of cleaning supplies and orders stock as needed.
- Issues cleaning supplies and equipment to housekeeping staff as needed.
- Screens housekeeping applicants and recommends promotions, transfers, and dismissals.
- Performs various cleaning duties in instances of staff shortages.
- Ensure and monitor room setups including chairs and tables regularly.
- Performs a variety of floor maintenance duties including extracting and buffing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervised by Building Engineer
- Supervises Housekeepers
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Coordinates extensively with Facility & Exhibit staff, the Guest Experience Senior Manager, and other staffto maintain the effectiveness of DCM floor and traveling exhibits.
- Behaves appropriately around children and works well with diverse museum visitors.
Education and Experience:
- High school or GED encouraged
- Proven housekeeping or hospitality experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of housekeeping.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Proficient in all Google suite applications: gmail, docs, sheets.
- Ability to learn AirTable work order system.
- The ability to multitask.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Effective communication skills.
The following abilities are required for the position: (a) Heavy physical exertion and activity will be required; (b) Bend, reach, kneel, squat, walk and climb stairs and ladders; (c) Lift and carry large/bulky items weighing up to 75 pounds; (d) Display the dexterity and motor skills necessary to perform mechanical repairs and work on a variety of machinery; (e) Work outdoors for short periods of time in hot and cold weather; (f) Communicate appropriately, clearly and verbally with museum visitors and co-workers; (g) Tolerate dust, paint, cleaning solutions and plastic/latex.
Other: Must have access to reliable transportation.
HOW TO APPLY:
Download an Application
Please include a cover letter and your resume.
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DuPage Children’s Museum
301 N. Washington St.
Naperville, IL 60540
Attn: Human Resources