Position Title: Bilingual Early Learning Facilitator (Spanish)
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt, Not Benefits Eligible
Job Classification: Play and Learning
Salary Range: $16 – $18 per hour
Position Purpose: The vision of DuPage Children’s Museum (DCM) is that all children thrive through access to extraordinary learning experiences. As an Early Learning Facilitator, you will bring the vision of the DCM to life through hands-on experiences in early learning settings for children (birth-age 5) and their primary caregivers.
DCM’s Early Learning Facilitators:
- Lead the facilitation of DCM’s early learning programming at family engagement events and other programs (Family Access Open Houses, Museum Pop Ups, Adaptive Play Time, etc.).
- Deliver early learning programming that is family-centered, open-ended, and constructivist based.
- Support communication and follow up with program contacts (i.e. teachers, families, community-based organizations, etc.).
- Maintain materials used for programs and report stock and maintenance needs appropriately.
- Assist in the continuing improvement of existing programs and the development of new programs.
- Maintain records regarding delivery, attendance, and evaluation of programs.
- Assist in the training of new facilitators and volunteers.
- Work with organization staff to ensure smooth logistics and delivery of early learning programming.
- Drive, load and unload materials, transport material, and add gasoline to DCM vehicles. May also use personal vehicle for these purposes.
- Supervised by the Sr. Manager for Early Learning and Family Engagement.
- Work closely with all other departments, especially the Guest Experience department to ensure quality communication when working at DCM.
- Maintain excellent relationships with personnel at early learning programs, schools, and other community-based organizations.
Education and Experience:
- Experience and interest working with children (birth-age 5) and families required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with children in an early learning capacity; such as, childcare, museum, or community-based organization.
- 2 year degree in early childhood education or child and family studies preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Superior written and oral communication and organization skills.
- Excellent presenter of early learning content.
- Ability to work effectively with children (birth-age 5) and families in diverse early learning environments.
- Ability to create inclusive, relationship-focused, and safe learning experiences.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to work offsite, independently, and take initiative to solve problems.
- Work with others in collaborative settings to improve and plan programs.
- Must have computer skills involving, but not limited to, Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in Spanish required.
- Comprehend and speak English extensively and clearly with the public; and ability to hear children’s voices.
- Physical requirements include stooping, kneeling, bending, standing, squatting/crouching, crawling, pushing/pulling, reaching above the shoulders, ability to respond rapidly, climbing up and down stairs or using an elevator daily, working outdoors or exposed to sunlight/heat, and lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Tolerate noise and dust in the environment and handle disinfectant and cleaning materials.
- Must have access to reliable transportation, a valid Illinois driver’s license, and appropriate liability insurance.
- Must be able to work with evening and weekend availability.
HOW TO APPLY:
Download an Application
Please include a cover letter and your resume.
Submit to: email@example.com
DuPage Children’s Museum
301 N. Washington St.
Naperville, IL 60540
Attn: Human Resources